Tuesday, November 11, 2008

World's Easiest BBQ Chicken Sandwiches

Story:
Seriously, easy. And we love it! Shelly G. (in South Ogden) told me about this and I was astonished by how easy it was... and mad that I didn't know about it sooner.

Ingredients:
frozen chicken breasts
BBQ sauce
(oh, and hamburger buns, of course)

Directions:
Place however many frozen chicken breasts you want in your crock pot. (I figure roughly a half a breast per person... but, you know me, I throw in a few more for leftovers.) Pour a bunch of your favorite BBQ sauce over. Go ahead and pour on a lot. Cook on high for 5-6 hours, or longer on low. About an hour before serving, pull out the chicken, shred with two forks, and put back into all that yummy sauce. That's it! Just whip up a salad and dinner's ready.

[I will someday insert a picture here.]

Notes:
  • The original recipe said you could just serve the BBQ chicken over rice. I'm sure that would be great... I just haven't tried it yet.
  • I always put a thin layer of mayonnaise on the hamburger buns before I put on the chicken. It kind of works as a "barrier" from all that sauce so the buns don't get soggy too fast.
  • As far as the BBQ sauce goes, you don't need anything fancy; the cheap Hunt's kind is fine. Of course I like the Sweet Baby Ray's sauce, but it's a little too sweet for Ben. (I have yet to come across something that is "too sweet" for me... I don't know what he's talking about.)

No comments: