Saturday, October 19, 2019

Oven-cooked Bacon

Story:
Whenever my family travels to San Diego County, we get to stay with my amazing parents.  They are wonderful and generous.  Over the years, the tradition has evolved that my dad often makes breakfast for all of us.  He is quite the chef when it comes to blueberry pancakes and smoothies.  He knows how to cook the eggs just right so that the yolk is perfect for toast dipping.  It's the best.

We also all always love his bacon.  He cooks it in the oven on a cooling rack over a cookie sheet.  It always turns out perfectly.  However, as we all know, ovens cook differently.  And even though he told me how he makes it, and I wrote down the instructions, and I followed them exactly, and I even bought the same bacon at Costco... my bacon in my oven did not taste like Grandpa's bacon.  It came out overcooked and sandy-textured every time.  So I hopped on Pinterest and I tried a few different options and I came across the recipe that works perfectly in my oven!  Yay!  Hooray for amazing bacon!

Ingredients:
Bacon :)

Instructions:
Line a sheet pan with foil.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Put the sheet in the oven for 20 minutes.
(Check it sooner if you like the bacon a little on the not-crispy side.)
Use tongs to move the bacon onto a paper towel lined plate.
Drain the grease from the foil to save for cooking in other recipes.

So, this is pretty straightforward and nothing too amazing, but I had to write down somewhere:
375 for 20 minutes
so I could remember what works for my oven. :)

No comments: