Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Easy Breadsticks

Story:
In South Ogden, I had a friend named Jessica H. who invited our fam to dinner with them one Sunday evening. (By the way, Jessica makes some way-yummy food!) She served these breadsticks that night, and they have since become my good ol' standby bread for dinners. They have garlic salt and parmesan on top, so they taste great with those meals with which you would usually serve garlic bread.

My good friend and back-door neighbor here in Crestwood, Shawn D., just brought by some soup for my family for dinner tonight. She said she made a ton, and well, that's just the good friend she is to share with us. (I love my neighbors!) So, I thought I'd whip up a batch of these breadsticks to go with the yummy soup...

Ingredients:
3 1/2 C flour, divided
2 T sugar
1 t salt
1 T yeast
butter
garlic salt
parmesan

Directions:
Mix 2 C flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in a bowl. Stir well. Add 1 1/2 C warm water and the additional 1 1/2 C flour. Knead into a ball. Let rise for one hour.

Roll into a rectangle and cut into strips. Melt a few tablespoons of butter in a bowl. Dip half of each strip into the melted butter and then twist the two halves together. Brush any remaining butter on top of the breadsticks. Sprinkle with garlic salt and parmesan cheese.

Bake for about 10-12 minutes at 425. Hope ya love 'em!

No comments: