Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Autumn Chili

Story:
I didn't know that I like chili as much as I do until I learned how to make it. I pulled a chili recipe out of... well, I don't know where. But I've since embellished it and made it my own, so I guess this is pretty much my own recipe. It's an autumn-time-rainy-day favorite at our house. (Posted just in time for Halloween!)

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1 sweet onion
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 bell pepper (any color), chopped
1 packet chili seasoning
2 T brown sugar
Shredded cheese

Directions:
  • Brown meat with onions in skillet; drain.
  • Add all other ingredients. Stir in.
  • Simmer for 15 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top before serving.

Note: We LOVE it with my Mom's cornbread. So cozy-like.

1 comment:

Amy said...

so how many do you think i could feed with this? potientially i have 11 adults with of course lots of kids.