Thursday, January 13, 2011

Good Morning Oatmeal

Story:
No real story. I found this one somewhere when I was looking for crock pot breakfast recipes. Yes, I said crock pot breakfasts. You see, I grew up with healthy and substantial breakfasts. And while I love the idea of making a hearty breakfast for my kids, I am simply too tired and too muddle-headed in the mornings to do a very good job at it. So I went looking online for things I could do the night before...

I made this last night and Ben liked it so much that he found himself bragging about it to one of his patients at work today. He told her it was on the blog, which it wasn't, but, well, now it is. So here you go, Miss Patient-Whose-Name-I-Know-Not-Because-of-Confidentiality-Laws! Hope you like it too!!

Ingredients:
4 C milk
1/2 C brown sugar (maybe a little less, it was pretty sweet)
2 T butter, melted
1/2 t salt
1 t cinnamon
2 C regular oats
2 apples, diced
1 C raisins

Directions:
Spray nonstick cooking spray in the bottom of your slow cooker.
Then combine all ingredients and mix well.
Cook on low overnight (8-9 hours).
Stir before serving.

(Makes quite a bit... but Ben likes a big breakfast...)


EDIT:
I still like this... but it seems to burn in my crock pot every time and then I have to spend time scrubbing it out... Hmmm...

No comments: