Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Skillet Lasagna

Story:
I'm in a "dinner group" with a few of my neighbors. There are 6 families all together. Each week 3 of the women prepare a meal (sometimes cooked, sometimes just all the ingredients for a specific recipe) for the other 5 families. The next week, the other 3 women prepare for all the families. We meet at a specified time every Tuesday to swap out. So every other week, I prepare a dinner for a total of 6 families (mine + the other 5), and I get 5 additional meals from my friends during those two weeks. Get it? It's really not as confusing as it sounds...

Anyway, this Skillet Lasagna recipe was the recipe that my friend Amy gave the ingredients for this week. It was super easy and really good. Megan loved it! I thought I'd post the recipe here, so I could refer to it again...

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef (or Italian sausage)
1 jar spaghetti sauce (26 oz)
3 C (uncooked) pasta - Amy used a macaroni type
2 C mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Cook pasta according to directions.
Cook ground beef in a big skillet until crumbled and cooked through. Drain off fat.
Pour the spaghetti sauce in with the meat in the skillet. Simmer 5 minutes.
Stir in the cooked noodles and 1 C of the cheese.
Then top with the remaining cheese. Cover and simmer for 5 more minutes, or until it is heated through and the cheese on top is melted.
Remove from heat and let stand for a minute or so before serving.

Easy as that! Enjoy!

No comments: