Monday, May 30, 2011

Honey-Lime Fruit Salad

Story:
This one is another magazine or advertisement cut-out. They were selling "DOLE" products in the ad. I can tell, because they said to use DOLE products, of course.

I made it for the first time a few years ago, and I remembered it being tasty. So tonight when Ben's co-worker and his family came over for a little Memorial Day cookout, I made it again. It was good, so I thought I'd add it here. (Thanks for coming over, Mike and Megan! Eli is a darling little thing and Gretchen was crying to see Sophie leave!)

Ingredients:
1 can pineapple chunks (drained, reserve 1/4 C of juice)
1 can mandarin oranges (drained)
Bananas, sliced
Strawberries, sliced
Kiwi fruit, sliced

Dressing:
Pineapple juice (1/4 reserved from can)
1/4 t grated lime peel
2 T lime juice
1 T honey

Directions:
Combine all fruit in a bowl.
Prepare dressing and pour over fruit... then just toss gently!

Notes:
I just zested the peel of one lime and squeezed the juice out. One lime is all it took!

No comments: