Friday, July 15, 2011

Baked Banana Oatmeal

Story:
Admittedly, I can no longer claim to be refined-sugar-free. However, when I was (and I hope to muster up the drive to do so again!), I found this breakfast recipe that I loved. I only made it a couple of times, because, well, it takes a while to cook. And when I come downstairs for breakfast, I'm usually ready to "eat now" not after "bake for 35 minutes" - y'know? I will also add that my kids liked it too. It was kind of like banana bread meets oatmeal...

Ingredients:
3 eggs
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
3 C old-fashioned oats (or quick oats)
1 1/2 C milk
1/2 C raisins
1/3 C honey
1/4 C canola oil
2 t baking powder
2 t cinnamon
1 t vanilla

Directions:
In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs then add the remaining ingredients. Stir until well combined. Let the mixture set for at least 10 minutes for the oats to absorb some of the liquid.
Stir the mixture again, and then spread into a (well greased) 8x8 baking pan. (MrBreakfast.com says you can use two small loaf pans too; I haven't tried yet.)
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
To serve, cut into squares. Tada!

Note:
Happened across this one from mrbreakfast.com too!

No comments: