Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ham & Lemon Asparagus

Story:
I've made this several times over the last 3 months, but every time I have to turn on my Roku and go to the "AllRecipes.com" channel and scroll through to find the video to make it.  So to make my life easier next time I want to make it, I thought I'd just post the recipe here.  It's really good and a really easy way to make asparagus as a side dish.

Ingredients:
Olive oil
Ham (just some... diced, torn into pieces, chopped, whatever)
Asparagus (however much you want or have)
Minced garlic (I just use a little of the bottled kind)
Lemon wedge

Directions:
Heat a swirl of olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
Toss in your ham and fry it up for 3-4 minutes until ham is crisp.
Add your trimmed asparagus.  Toss in the olive oil until coated.
Add 1/4 C water and put the lid on quirckly.  Leave lid on for 1 minute to steam.
Take lid off and add some minced garlic.  Then put the lid back on for 1 more minute.
Take off lid and toss some more until the asparagus is cooked how you like it. (I like mine a little more on the crisp side than soggy, so don't cook toooo much longer.)
Transfer the asparagus and the ham to your serving plate.  Squeeze lemon over the top.  (He says you can put on a little grated parmesan cheese too, but I keep forgetting to try that.)
It's delish!  Even my kids love this... well, maybe they just pick off the fried ham... but I love it!

1 comment:

colleen said...

Nummy! And the garlic makes it smell delish!