Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sarah's Rolo Cookies

Story:
I have a wonderful, wonderful friend in UT, named Sarah. Love her! We lived across the street and a few houses down from each other in South Ogden; but we've both since moved from that happy little neighborhood. We shared a lot of laughs, babysitting, clothes, tears, phone conversations, and, of course, recipes. I first started getting to know her at our friend Becky's house. Becky and Scott threw great "game nights" and everyone was asked to bring something to share. Sarah brought these Rolo cookies. I knew immediately that I'd love a girl who could make something so yummy! (And little did I know at the time how easy they were!) Hope you love them too!

Ingredients:
Rolos
chocolate cake mix
1/3 C oil
2 eggs
chocolate chips

Directions:
Mix together the cake mix, the oil, and the eggs. Wrap a dab of the batter around a Rolo. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes.

Take out of the oven, put 2 or 3 chocolate chips on each cookie, then put back in the oven for just a few seconds. Pull out again and spread the chocolate with a knife. Refrigerate, if needed, to chill.

Voila!





Note: I can't tell you exactly how many Rolos you need for the cookies because, well, I never know exactly how many of them get eaten before they actually make it into the cookies... if you know what I mean. Just buy a bag, and that will be plenty to make a batch of cookies.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

We LOVE these cookies too! Thanks to Sarah. Except it seems like I run our of Rolos before I run out of dough---hum...maybe I've got to get some help for my chocolate addiction!