Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pineapple Slush

Story:
This one right here is a great "refreshment" ... and you will often see something like it at many Mormon activities. I first got the recipe from Emily K. when we worked together on Relief Society Enrichment activities. (We used it at the RS Commemoration dinner in March of '08). The only time I've made it myself was for Megan's baptism (March of '09). I just had a request this afternoon for the recipe, so I thought I'd go ahead and post it while I was thinking of it.

Ingredients:
6 C water
4 C sugar
46 oz can pineapple juice
1/2 - 2/3 can frozen orange juice concentrate
1/2 - 2/3 can frozen lemonade concentrate
1 t almond extract

Directions:
Combine water and sugar in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then let it cool. Add pineapple juice, then add frozen orange juice concentrate, lemonade concentrate, and almond extract. Stir well. Pour into a large container and freeze.

When ready to serve, put frozen mixture in the punch bowl (or whatever) and pour 7-up or ginger ale over the top. Break it up a little, and... voila! Pineapple slush.

No comments: