Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Easy Cheesy Pie

Story:
I was looking for a treat for our Family Night last night, and as I flipped through my scrapbook of a cookbook, I came across this one. I was all excited because I had forgotten all about this delicious little thing! I made it several times last summer (easy and refreshing), but I forgot about it until yesterday. I made it again, and the whole fam loved it.
The recipe came off the underside of a Kroger's pre-made graham cracker crust. They suggested using a can of cherry pie filling. My family, not being fans of pie fillings, put on loads of fresh strawberries. Also good with strawberries and kiwis.

Ingredients:
1 (9-inch) graham cracker crumb crust
1 (8-oz) pkg of cream cheese, softened
1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 C lemon juice
1 t vanilla extract
toppings of your choice

Directions:
In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
Add sweetened condensed milk and blend thoroughly.
Stir in the lemon juice and vanilla.
Pour into crust.
Chill two hours, or until set.
Top with toppings of your choice.

No comments: