Friday, August 7, 2009

Wingers Salad

Story:
Lalalalala!! I am so happy! I have discovered a new (easy!) favorite salad. Everyone liked it, it was easy, and sooo yum. It tasted so good that I didn't even want to stop to take a picture!
Ok, so in Utah, there is a restaurant called Wingers. It, of course, is famous for its spicy wings. On my friend Amie's blog, I saw a copy cat recipe for the "hot sauce" that Wingers puts on their wings. (Click here for the post on Amie's "Sisters Always Simplifying" blog.)
My sister Suzanne and her family love Wingers, so I told her about it and she tried it out and reported that the sauce was fabulous on chicken breasts on a salad. My friend and neighbor Jessica W. said they tried it with chicken nuggets, and they said it was good... so here's my new favorite dinner/salad:

Ingredients:
lettuce and spinach, washed and cut for a salad
breaded chicken (however many for your family) (I buy the Tyson frozen ones from Costco)
Ranch dressing packet (Make according to the package directions, except use buttermilk instead of milk)
2 T water
3 T Frank's Hot Sauce
3/4 C brown sugar

Directions:
Prep the Ranch dressing. Refrigerate.
Bake nuggets according to package directions. After cooking, slice into little strips.
For the sauce: In a pot, bring water, Frank's hot sauce, and brown sugar to a boil (to melt the sugar), stirring occasionally.
Pour the hot sauce over the chicken nuggets and mix to coat. Note: I only put sauce on half the nuggets... the hot sauce was too spicy for the kids. But the kids loved the plain nuggets on the salad.
To serve: just put a bunch of lettuce/spinach on the plate, sprinkle on chicken nuggets (plain or spicy), then pour the buttermilk Ranch over the top.

Note:
I found that because the chicken was spicy, I ate a LOT of greens with the chicken to mellow out the spice. Hope you love it!!

No comments: