Monday, May 4, 2009

Ranch Broiled Chicken

Story:
Looking back, I don't know what Ben and I ate the first year or so we were married. Honestly, I vaguely remember that "Chili Mac" was on the menu! (Eew.) Needless to say, this was about the time of my life that I started perusing magazines here and there for ideas.
I remember sitting at my in-laws house one afternoon and looking through one of LuAnne's magazines when I came across this recipe on a Ranch dressing advertisement. It sounded easy enough... and I discovered (for the first time!) the beauty of broiling meat.

Ingredients:
1 packet (1 oz) Hidden Valley Original Ranch dressing mix
2 T olive oil
1 T red wine vinegar
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I use 4 frozen breasts)

Directions:
Combine the dressing mix, olive oil, and vinegar in a plastic bag. Add chicken; shake and work mixture into the meat. Marinate for at least one hour.
Broil chicken 10-14 minutes total, turning once.

Notes:
This is a quick and easy fix with a box of couscous and a salad. Keep in mind that you can grill this meat in the summer... oh, and leftover chicken is always good sliced up on salads.

No comments: